When you become a mom, you tend to forget yourself but never your child. You try to make them feel secure and protect them from all kinds of harm. And of course, their health is our primary concern.
However, I am also a busy mom so sometimes I tend to forget. Thankfully, through my perseverance I won an iPad2 in an online contest. Through that, I learned about the app called My Kid’s Health. And I am so thankful.
You see, through this app, I could easily keep track of the progress of my child’s height and weight. I also realized that I have skipped some immunizations that are very important for my daughter Kimy. It also alerts me whenever we have a doctor’s or a dental appointment. It is just so cool to have it because it is both fun and useful. It is just perfect for forgetful moms like me.
Kimy’s general information
Kimy’s growth history
I would also like to mention that my husband really enjoys using the app as well because it is easy to navigate and you get almost instantaneous results.
Daddy loves to record the details of Kimy’s immunization from her baby’s book into the app
The My Kid’s Health app is applicable for babies up to teens. And it can also be used for those families with several children. This iPad compatible app only costs $8.99 and occupies 6.3 MB of space. It requires iOS 4.3 or higher, and it’s available in English language. This is such a great app and I am just happy to have discovered it!
More info about My Kid’s Health:
- All the basics: Date of birth, blood type, allergies, social security / national health number, as well as your child’s photo
- Growth records: Height, weight, head circumference, plotted beautifully on a graph
- Personalized vaccination schedule: Keeps records of previous vaccinations, and reminders for upcoming injections. Vaccination data is calculated using your child’s date of birth, with data provided by the World Health Organization and national authorities
- Upcoming doctor appointments: Also keeps a history of visits, with details of diagnosis and treatment
- Upcoming dentist appointments: with a history of visits
- Childhood illnesses: Keep track of which common childhood illnesses, such as Chickenpox (varicella), your child has had
- Accident and illness history: Coughs, scrapes, fevers, and accidents — all can be recorded for a full history of your child’s health
- View upcoming appointments and vaccinations for all your children on one easy screen
- Appointments and schedules are synced with your iPad calendar with notifications and reminders
- Ideal for newborns to teens
- My Kid’s Health is perfect for a single child, or a large family
- Full and unrestricted, no need to pay for upgrades or in-app purchases